We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and forward-thinking Assistant Management Accountant to join our well-established Finance team based in Swindon, Wiltshire.
The role will work closely with the Financial Controller to deliver the monthly Management Accounts & Ad Hoc internal reporting in an efficient manner.
The role presents a good opportunity to work across functions to deliver system and process improvements within the business, manage internal price books, but to also have key involvement in tasks, such as the annual audit.
- Assist with preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts
- Prepare and review the overhead costs for the monthly management accounts
- Preparing and posting accruals, prepayments and deferred revenue / COS journals
- Preparing and posting GRNI journals
- Managing Fixed Assets
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
System & Processes;
- Assist Financial Controller with developing systems and processes across the business
- Manage product portfolio to ensure end to end processes are effective, but also in a presentable format to the wider business.
- Collate and circulate data for Weekly Sales pipeline meeting.
- Produce weekly sales report and circulate to SLT
- Assist with supporting the team to deliver KPI’s
- Act as cover for other team members
- Part Qualified Accountant (AAT / CIMA / ACCA) with 2+ years in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of all ledger functions
- Have strong orgainsational abilities, experience of working to tight deadlines and a "hands on" approach to finance
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and be able to meet deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables, V Lookups, SUMIFs
- Must be able to challenge the system(s) and identify process improvements